Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Nickel Creek-Why Should the Fire Die (Early Review)


Nickel Creek's new album was released today! Here's my running review! (7th time thru the CD as I write)


I'm on my third time through this album. It's just as I expected it to be, so far-AWESOME TIMES TEN!

I must admit, I was expecting MORE of a "rock" flavor to the new release. There are two or three very good acoustc rockers-the rest is more "traditional"! What I'm hearing that I really think is quite wonderful, is the very cool vocal-styles they have incorporated into their music!

There is a cover of a DYLAN tune!

From past experience with this amazing trio, I can be sure that as I continue to explore this new project, I won't be in the least disappointed!

The more I listen to this, the more I realize-It ROCKS-A-MILLION!!

The vocals are causing chills up my spine...wooooooooOOOOOooooooooo! Wow!

Correction: Not only two or three tunes are "rockers". As I continue to digest these tunes, I'm realizing that even the ones seemingly subdued, rock like crazy!

Boys and girls and all you who consider yourselves in between, I've heard a lot of music in my days. All different genres. Some (like any rap, save "rapture" by Blondie) I've rejected immediatly, others I tolerate, many I consider good, not quite as many I think as really good! But this band.....I don't think I have ever enjoyed one group as much as I do them!
Gawd! I feel like a gushing teenager talking about my favorite pop-star of-the-moment!

I must say it, again-Nickel Creek ROCKS!

Taken from my review at Club 100's Forum.

Check out this review!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?