Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Nickel Creek-Why Should the Fire Die (Day Two)


I listened to the album about 10 times, yesterday. As I write, I am listening to it for the first time, today. I found myself craving the smooth sounds when I awoke, this morning!
There is a couple of songs, which I believe, express feelings (in an obscure artistic way) about some of the very issues being discussed on this site. Here's the Lyrics of a tune called "Jealous of the Moon".

You're trying on a brand new dress
But you haven't worn the old one yet
You've come too far to turn around now

You're giving up the good fight when you're as strong as anyone
You're back where you started from

(Chorus)
You're staring down the stars-jealous of the moon
You wish you could fly
But you're staying where you are-there's nothing you can do
If you're too scared to try

You drag your pretty head around swearing you're gonna drown
With a beautiful sigh in a river of lies

Why don't you call me I could save you
Together we'll find a god we can pray to that will take you by the hand

I hate to see a friend of mine
Laughing out loud when she's crying inside
But you've got your pride

How could I connect this tune to discussions in this blog? How could I not!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?